Hearty CONGRATULATIONS and A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who took part in the 14th running of the Marathon International du Beaujolais, which was really extra-terrestrial. An event:
- where the atmosphere was fantastic all weekend long,
- with a record-breaking number of 17,000 runners in the four races,
- where the Pasta Party was a storming success and a total of 3,000 people enjoyed the festivities on Saturday night and Sunday,
- that was more international than ever, with runners from the five continents and 70 countries,
- that saw us return to the top ten marathons in France, with 2,178 finishers,
- that saw new record-breaking performances for men and women in the marathon, with 2h50’38’’ for Maria Berezhnaya from Russia, and 2h24’43’’ for Sébastien Spehler from Alsace.
A big THANK YOU also to:
- our 1,200 volunteers who offered such a warm welcome to all,
- our public and private partners for their loyal support and involvement.
We hope you are all recovering well, we wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year and look forward to seeing you on Saturday 23 November 2019 for the 15th running of the Marathon International du Beaujolais!
The Beaujolais Runners